Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Music Monday on a Tuesday on a Wednesday (wish I had called it something else now)

I have been lax again. In my defence, it's because I've been nose-down making final corrections to my novel before we submit it to publishers. That's exciting. Well, it's exciting for me. I have no idea whether revealing that I am shortly to submit to publishers is a bad thing, like I should suddenly spring it on them with no warning, like a surprise inspection from Ofsted (nicking a joke from Doctor Who there), except in a good way. Like they will be more likely to love it and give me loads of money if they don't know it's coming. Like a surprise pregnancy. Oh, I don't know. This is the long way around of me apologising to my agent for letting the cat out of the bag if that is, indeed, what I am doing.

Anyway, I've been busy with that, which means why no Who review (it was brill), no Jose Gonzalez review (he was brill), and no Flight of the Conchords review (they were brill and *I met them*.) I am fully intending to post all of these things in the fullness of time.

Meanwhile, earlier today, I got an e-mail from my friend, the serious academic, which said simply 'We will always associate this song with you, Marie. Great dancing at the wedding.'

Which song? Why, this song of course.



Yes. It is now MY song. I am not entirely sure how I feel about that, but my lovely lady lumps are delighted.

And seeing as we were talking Flight of the Conchords, let's remind ourselves of their fabulous parody:

4 comments:

Billy said...

For some reason, my song according to some of friends is "I Touch Myself".

I don't know why.

Jodie said...

Ahhhh the new novel is flying out into the world! Good luck, I'm so looking forward to seeing what it is.

Also Dr Who was brilliant, I am almost hoping Rory will survive and be the object of Amy's affections for ever now - almost (but I see a possible tragic death in his future) :)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, but that is one of the most moronic, sexist songs I've ever had the misfortune to have inflicted on me when I was at the gym. It is toxic...I played it on the computer for a co-worker because she didn't believe me. She believed me before the video was over.
And this is why I make certain never again to forget my MP3 player and my headphones.

Marie said...

Anon: which one, the first or the second? I'm assuming the first, but I can't believe there are people still alive who haven't been exposed to the horror that is My Humps. (By which I mean the song.)