Amongst my mother's collection of recipes, I find an ancient (and somewhat revolting-sounding) Delia Smith cutting for Noodles with Cream Cheese and Mushrooms ("What is essential is the cream cheese flavoured with herbs and garlic... you may have to search around in delicatessens or specialised food shops.") On the back are listings for that night's BBC1 viewing:
6.25 - Nationwide
6.50 - Triangle: Episode 25 of the North Sea ferry saga
7.15 - Looking Good, Feeling Fit - Bracing health series checks up on stress, make-up for black girls and how Spandau Ballet keep up appearances.
7.45 - The Freddie Starr Showcase - new-talent acts are introduced by Freddie Starr.
8.30 Only Fools and Horses - Superior comedy series with David Jason as a South London hustler continually at cross-purposes with his brother and grandfather.
How did anybody get out of the eighties alive? *Clicks heels together* There's no place like home... There's no place like home... There's no place like home...
Come on down!
-
On the ninth anniversary of our escape from Hades, I find myself standing
in the parking lot beside the community activity centre, which is my
polling pl...
6 hours ago

5 comments:
It's only when cold hard facts are shoved in your face that you realise the memory cheats. Yeah, a lot of 80s TV was absolutely awful, but with only 3-4 channels to watch and nowt to do of an evening, people watched it.
Explains Colin Baker's Doctor Who anyway
Flavoured cream cheese? What madness is this?
Nationwide... Ahhh, I can still remember the theme tune. How very sad is that?
And were Spandau giving make up tips I wonder?
there's something very wrong about noodles and cheese. I hope she meant spaghetti...
Frighteningly enough, I really want those noodles! That cream cheese sounds delicious. Maybe I was meant for the 80s.
Post a Comment