Tuesday, 2 June 2009

The Answer Should Be Crocs

But I think you get arrested for wearing them in Italy.

4 comments:

Charles Lambert said...

Not quite, but I wouldn't advise their use in Milan. Maybe if you tart them up with some designer baubles jammed through the holes...?

Helen Brocklebank said...

I know I shouldn't love my crocs, but i do. They are a crime against fashion, but few things make my feet happier. You wear them in Italy, the fashion police in Milan think no one outside the Quadrilatero della moda can dress anyway.

WV: briters, a new name for my emerald green crocs perhaps?

fabhat said...

Crocs are wrong. I went Klezmer dancing at Cecil Sharp house on Sunday (fab and exhausting) - shoes ranged from Crocs or clogs to tango shoes and razor shap stilettos. The crocs looked the least "dancey" and we mocked them roundly from the sidelines, but I was more scared of being impaled by the stilettos.

lisa said...

Beh, cara, there are taxis in Milan and portici to shield you from the rain, but if the fashion police arrest you and remove the offending items, then they'd have to send you out in an acceptable shoe substitute. You may get kitted out with a pair of Tods, or Prada, or Geox or any of those light summer shoes that, if they get wet in the rain, dry out fast and even when wet are not uncomfortable to wear.
But best if you ask fashion police to provide at least a medium heel and not totally flat ones...

Personally I'd go the Liz Hurley way (though not a fan of LH), high heeled/platform wooden mules. Will keep you dry. As you may need to balance if the ground is wet, you just grab any man passing by to steady yourself and make his day! Semplice.