Following that post I went out for the evening. Got to the subway stop - the same subway stop where I had previously been lectured on my subway entry technique - only to discover that I had lost me Metrocard. After emptying out my entire handbag on the floor of the subway station and ensured that there was definitely no card in there, I gathered up my possessions and went over to the little booth and asked the man there to sell me a ticket. The man went on the dreaded microphone - I forgot to tell you that when the superintendents lecture you, they do it *over loudspeaker* - and explained to me that they do not sell tickets, you have to get them from the machine. Yes: I have been lectured twice in one day by New York subway officials. Yes: New York subway officials are only employed to sit in booths and lecture people over loudspeakers, and not to sell tickets. What kind of a system is this??
Later, we went to a bar called Marie's Crisis. True story.
Financially irresponsible son borrows $50.000 dollars from parents, refuses
to pay them back, and spends money on vacations and expensive cars: 'He
accuses us of being greedy'
-
A loan is a loan, not a gift. That applies to the bank and our families
alike.
That is something many people don't understand, especially when the loan
c...
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment