Yesterday, halfway through the lunchtime edition of Home and Away, I officially quit my Australian Soap habit. I have been watching Neighbours and Home and Away ever since they first reached British screens over 20 years ago, and every lunchtime since I became a full time writer, and it was only at 2.30 yesterday afternoon that I noticed that they are a tedious, repetitive, mind-rotting waste of my time. I switched off at the exact moment that Tony's nephew Xavier showed up at a beach party in Summer Bay with a handful of unspecified drugs in his pocket and I realised that I could not care less what happened next. Xavier is not entirely to blame, I am also not at all interested in the fact that Dan doesn't really want to move in with Libby, whether Donna and Ringo's first sexual encounter will be as special as Ringo hopes, whether Jack will find out that Roman is still in love with Martha, or whether Melody will make it to the Senior Formal and what havoc she will wreak if she does. This may be a sign of age and maturity, or just a sign that there is nobody I fancy on Neighbours or Home and Away any more.
From now on I will spend my lunch hour reading and / or listening to the radio. But in farewell I post this picture of Kip Gamblin, my favourite ever Home and Away crush, whom very long term blog readers might remember from the early Struggling Author days...

Adieu. I know you are on Casualty these days, but there are limits.
2 comments:
I remember. Them were the days ....
Awh, I too can VIVIDLY remember the Kip Gamblin fixation! *sigh* Still, on the upside, you will lunchtimes free for the future. That also makes you free for lunchtime DATES...
Everything has an upside...
Post a Comment