
The Canadian David Tennant? Really?
Actually, I liked Due South a lot, but Paul Gross looks a bit too much like a cross between my brother and one of my cousins, and that is a major disincentive for developing a crush on him.
Any other suggestions?
Author Marie Phillips talks rubbish, and such big portions.
9 comments:
Well, I forgot to mention in my last list that your honey, Michael Cera, is Canadian, having been born in Brampton, Ontario.
Paul Gross is certainly a multi-talented fella, and not a bad candidate for Canada's David Tennant, but I'm sure he'd be crushed to learn that I find him a bit "chocolate-boxy"...
Michael Cera it is!
I can totally approach Michael Cera at a cocktail party now. "Hi Michael Cera, Canada's top-grossing actor (December 2007)*, I'm Canada's bestselling author (last week of March 2008)." God, that sounds so sexy, doesn't it?
*May not actually be true.
Oh, Due South is so 1990's. See him in Slings and Arrows. He's aging so very well. But to each her own.
Surely Paul Gross is the Canadian John Barrowman. Or is Barrowman already Canadian?
Are you sure that Paul Gross isn't a young John Barrowman?
Thank you, Marie. I had forgotten all about Due South...
I don't think we get Slings and Arrows in the UK. However, I am now visualising Paul Gross in a Torchwood guest role as John Barrowman's brother.
A charming little detail that no one's mentioned yet: Paul Gross's character in Slings and Arrows (a comedy set in the "New Burbage Shakespeare Festival", a barely disguised Stratford, Ontario) is an actor named Geoffrey Tennant.
I agree with christina. Paul Gross has improved with age!
Slings and Arrows was on in the UK last year on Sky Arts at about 2am in the morning so you can't really be blamed for missing it. Which is a shame as it's actually bloody good.
YOu can get it on DVD. I'm just saving up for season three...
Actually, for Slings and Arrows, fliming took place in several locations outside of Stratford, ON, including Brantford and Toronto, ON.
Post a Comment