Tuesday, 1 January 2008

Happy New Year!

I've only just got home and switched the heating on, and my hands are far too cold for typing, so until I'm back in gear here's something I wrote for the Page 69 Test website. NB it's using page 69 of my US edition - page 69s of other editions reflect rather more kindly on my writing...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why the "Page 69" test and not the "Page 99" test (apparently the brain-child of Ford Madox Ford)? I think I must have the British edition (that's usually what we get in Canada), but I notice Page 99 is a rather key moment in the plot. At least I assume it is. I'm only up to Page 107...

Marie said...

Page 69 is the Marshall McLuhan version, as far as I know.

99 is better in the US edition as well. It's a cracker in the Canadian edition though a bit of a plot spoiler. 69 is pretty good in Canada, but in US it's... [shudders].

Happy new year, Persephone! I hope you're enjoying the book. You've got a while to go yet before you meet your namesake.

Anonymous said...

Hello and Happy New Year 2008.
The best wishes for you for this New Year from Beautiful Albania:

http://beautifulalbania.blogspot.com/

lilalia said...

Marie, too bad you couldn't slip in page 69 of the Canadian version, bt the Americans wouldn't have liked that. Like the English cover better than the American as well. Doesn't matter, as long as Ben Stiller does a good job of bring the show to television.