
A BBC1 drama about a widowed dad, set at a farm show with people dressed in battle reenactment costumes, carrying fishing rods and in mid-1990s indie clobber in the background? It's just as well I love you David. Love is ever forgiving. Ever forgiving. Even so, I'd really prefer it if you didn't turn into the male Sarah Lancashire.
And then there's Michael Cera. Now I've had a Michael Cera thing since Superbad, and I have to be very careful around underage-era Arrested Development DVDs, but last week I went to see Scott Pilgrim - which is fabulous, incidentally, in an I-wish-I-was-still-a-teenager-and-could-dye-my-hair-blue-without-looking-like-an-eejit way - but for Michael Cera I felt nothing, in the trouser department anyway. Nada. In fact my affections were far more taken by Kieran Culkin as his flatmate Wallace. That's Kieran Culkin, brother of Macauley, as his gay flatmate, Wallace. Au revoir Michael, I guess all good things come to an end.
Just as well I have backup, really. Here's Benedict "Sherlock" Cumberbatch doing his best to make me fancy the suit off both him and DT (taking one for the team, Ben - nice, very nice):

And then there's new arrival Joseph Gordon-Levitt. JGL is 29 and has been hovering on the brink of cute for quite some time, being hilarious but underage and bad of hair in Third Rock from the Sun, and then dorky-cute and standing too close to Heath Ledger in 10 Things I Hate About You, and then intense-cute in I-didn't-like-it-as-much-as-I-was-told to Brick. But THEN I saw him in Inception with his hair sorted out, stealing a kiss off Ellen Page and doing exceedingly cool things in zero gravity. And THEN THEN there was this in (500) Days of Summer - aha - did you wonder when the music was going to kick in?
OK so full disclosure: that was Hall & Oates, and actually I wanted the bit when he sings 'Here Comes Your Man' in the karaoke bar, but Youtube didn't have it, and I started this out as a musical post, and that's an incredibly cute dance sequence even if the fringe was an error, but the clothes were just right, and also did I mention cuteness, and SIGH, and I should do some work now.
This was just a public service announcement to let you know my hormones are in full working order. There may be more coherent posts later in the week.

9 comments:
How 'bout you have Cera, Kulkin, Gordon-Levitt and Cumberbatch, and leave me David Tennant? That sounds fair to me.
If you haven't already, get the Sherlock DVD and listen to the commentary on ep 3 with Gatiss, Freeman and Cumberbatch. Not only do you get Cumberbatch's incredibly chocolatey voice and his sexy precise diction, he comes across as a top, top bloke. *sigh*
@musingsfromthesofa er... no.
DT seems rather busy to me -- he's just finished a movie in the Isle of Wight and Scotland and is embarking on another in the States. Even showed up on the red carpet at the Emmys, looking distinctly lost.
Furthermore, there's been a bit of snarking about DT's American accent when a clip of the dropped series Rex Is Not Your Lawyer was released this week. The criticisms seem to come primarily from Brits. Now, I'm a Canadian, and he sounded quite American to me. I'd like to know what Americans thought.
My elder daughter has become suddenly obsessed with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I guess I haven't been paying attention since Third Rock from the Sun...
Uh, it's INCEPTION, not Disclosure.
Just thought it needed saying. Great character he played and a funny moment when Thomas Hardy's character told his character he needed to dream 'bigger'.
Back to your running in mad circles with all your engagements.
Bizarre mistake - I will change accordingly. What's Disclosure? Is it that awful Demi Moore / Michael Douglas sexual harassment movie? [checks IMDB] Oh god it IS! Sorry JG-L and anybody who might watch it by mistake...
Persephone - you're right - DT has been busy. Just not busy anywhere I can see him (yet).
In light of your JGL revelation, just wanted to make sure you had seen this, which I discovered today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6zMwGkY7z4
(Sorry, I don't know how to make that a hyperlink. It's JGL doing Lady Gaga anyway.) Not sure about the buzzcut - I preferred the dogy fringe and tank top of 500 Days Of Summer...
Actually, Miss Jones, I think Marie might prefer this one as she has betrayed a taste for Jacques Brel in the past. I can't even sing that fast in English and his accent sounds darn good to me. My daughter, who is in a fit of JGL admiration, was playing this all the way to Halifax last week.
Sorry all other entries, but JGL singing in French WINS.
Post a Comment