Tuesday, 3 August 2010

I am returned

Had a lovely time in Tuscany, but feeling a bit fragile as a beloved friend passed away while I was on holiday. Not yet ready to resume trademark inconsequential frippery. Although, to be fair, said beloved friend was a big fan of inconsequential frippery. The last text message I got from him was to alert me to the fact that Samantha Fox of Page Three / bad pop / lesbian / born again Christian fame has rabies. So, not least in his honour, the fun will return.

Meanwhile, a reminder that we're having our first ever London bookswap at the London Review Bookshop on Thursday at 7.30pm. Our guests are James Miller and Patrick Neate. It's very close to sold out, so if you are planning to come, please don't show up without a ticket as you will almost certainly not get in. You can book ahead here. Looking forward to seeing some of you there.

UPDATE: LRB bookswap is now sold out.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I'm so sorry Marie, it sounds like he was a fun, dear friend. Take care, oxox.

Persephone said...

Is there something in the alignment of the planets? Along with other things going pear-shaped, I've lost two rellys within two weeks, both, alas, probably blessed releases after much suffering. Remembering is the best tribute, I guess, one hedge against oblivion