During the Wimbledon final on Sunday I'd estimate that my mother and I spent about three-quarters of the match discussing Rafael Nadal's bum. (My father maintained a dignified silence.) My mother's point was that surely a man with the wealth and profile of Rafael Nadal can afford to buy a pair of shorts or underpants that fits. I countered that Rafael Nadal has an unusually round, pert bottom that may be particularly, ah, hungry, as it were. My mother reiterated her original point. I said that perhaps Nadal, filled as he clearly is with nervous energy, plucks his bum as a kind of nervous tic, along with fiddling with his hairband and that cute little run he does to the baseline. He certainly does pluck his bum often enough - at least once before every point, just about, or say (with a guesstimate average of 6 points per game, 31 games in the match) about 186 times over the course of the match. Even more when he had to do a second serve.
I still love him. We've been over the Dogtanian thing,
haven't we? My mother found time, in amongst the bum talk, to posit that he looks even more like Hong Kong Phooey:

Let's have a poll:
2 comments:
That was really funny. Don't even get me started on serena's red pants. Talk about red rag to a bull. You seen the railway children? She could stop the whole rail network with those underthings.
Stop press: my mother has shifted allegiance to Dogtanian.
Post a Comment