First up, we have Aliya Whiteley, author of Light Reading
Joining Aliya will be Bronia Kita, whose Wild West novel The Swansong of Wilbur McCrum
STOP PRESS. At this point I wrote a whole lot of information which is now completely inaccurate. Like, as of five minutes after I posted. And which I will now delete. So I started off by saying that we're doing a bookswap at the London Review Bookshop on Thursday August 5th, which is still true, and then -
la la la la la la la -
He'll
[but who? The author who isn't coming, that's who. For entirely respectable reasons, I should add]
be joined by James Miller, whose book I don't yet have, but whose website promises the following:
Other than writing, my main passion is Jamaican and African-American music. I have a ridiculous collection of reggae, dub, dancehall, soul, blues and gospel music. My other obsessions include drinking coffee, wandering around London, going to Italy and taking pictures of buildings. I'm also interested in Civil Rights history, psycho-analysis, post-colonial theory, anti-capitalist protest, Middle East politics, Modern, pre-Raphaelite and Renaissance art, mega-cities and anything that might offer an insight into our present postmodern nightmare.
He doesn't mention cake. But clearly a man with plenty to talk about.
I think the LRB event is going to be fantastic, but please, please book ahead - I am fairly certain it will sell out. The event's not on their website quite yet (at time of writing anyway) but you could try calling them on 020 7269 9030. (Usual bookswap rules of free entry for those who bring home-baked cake will apply.)

1 comment:
Looks like Scott decided to preview the bookswap today as well. What has been long suspected is true: we are psychic.
http://meandmybigmouth.typepad.com/scottpack/2010/07/one-week-from-now-well-be-gearing-up-for-our-eleventh-firestation-book-swap-perhaps-well-see-you-there----joining-marie.html
Post a Comment