Thursday, 15 July 2010

Alternative

Don't read my blog today. Read Robert Hudson guest blogging on Me And My Big Mouth. It is an inspiring photo essay which will blow your mind, and teach you to make better coleslaw, which won't be hard: coleslaw is the finely-shredded food of the devil. I need to go and wash my tongue just from thinking about it.

5 comments:

no said...

Ooh, I agree. Coleslaw is evil. Just the smell makes me shudder. And here I was, thinking I was alone in my irrational hatred of coleslaw.

Robert Hudson said...

The point of my IPE is that coleslaw is one of the most badly-made things on earth. It is almost invariably disgusting. But home-made coleslaw, as made my by mother or my Rumpole-like friend Ellis, it is a thing of delicious and surprisingly light freshness.

This is not to say that some people will not dislike all coleslaws, just that some people who dislike coleslaw have never had a good one.

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with you people? Coleslaw is lovely. I make a rather splendid Mediterranean version (at least, this is what the recipe book says) with cider vinegar and dates.

(Word verification: ingshost. This should be the name of a large country house somewhere.)

Rebecca said...

I like cabbage. I like carrots. I even like mayo. I do not like coleslaw. And I'm not sure that a tin of pineapple is going to help much with that.

Anonymous said...

Coleslaw is the work of the devil, as is mayonnaise. Shudder.