Did you think I had forgotten? I had not forgotten. I did, however, spend this morning looking after my four-year-old nephew, who, while behaving angelically, is nevertheless a four year old nephew, therefore finding time to breathe started to look like a stretch. But I am here now.
I have spent the last few days pruning my iTunes and have noticed a few things. Things like:
- thanks to (the fabulous) Songlines Magazine I have a gigantic World Music collection that I mostly uploaded onto my iTunes without listening to first. I have now listened to it all. I adore most of it. I really, really don't adore some of it. Some of it sounds like people tuning their instruments, doing the washing up, and wailing from toothache all at the same time. But I love most of the African, the South American, the Caribbean, the folk and the klezmer (I seem to have more klezmer music than someone who's only slightly Jewish, and the wrong kind of Jewish at that, could ever require.) I do not like the sitar music and anything with that loud reedy wind thing in it (Turkish?) Much World Music rap makes my ears bleed. The extra free CD of South African music from a year or two ago is brilliant. The extra free CD of Danish music is not. Sorry, Denmark.
- I don't 80s funk any more.
- Ditto Acid Jazz.
- I still feel bad about buying the substandard Kristen Hirsch solo CD I've been trying to like for fifteen years. And the rubbish Beck album which managed to be the only one I own - and all the others are good. And that Jimi Tenor one I got because my boyfriend liked it. I didn't. £10 that I spent in the year 2000 and still it haunts me.
Not all Jimi Tenor is bad though. Here's 'Sugardaddy'. No video. Just listen to it through your headphones. It is as good as an autobiographical song about being a Finnish male prostitute can be.
Employee gets laid off due to extreme body odor: ‘I genuinely felt bad for
him. He had only just started the job and hadn’t really had the chance to
show what he could contribute. You could tell he felt embarrassed and
ashamed’
-
To pass the smell test
I felt really identified with this story because I've had to deal with this
issue multiple times in my life. I don't mean with my bo...
2 hours ago

1 comment:
I have a Songlines CD of yodels that I Iisten to every three or four years in the hope that maybe this time I'll like some of it, any of it.
Post a Comment