Sunday, 21 February 2010

It's a niece!

Followers of my sister's blog Blogzambique will be pleased to hear that baby Eva arrived this morning, a week early, healthy and happy with lots of dark hair. I haven't met her yet so I don't have any pictures, but in the meantime, I'm stealing this cute shot from Rebecca's blog of the baby clothes waiting for their new owner:

8 comments:

BaronessBlack said...

Many Congratulations all round! Was it a C-section in the end? If so, sending positive vibes for speedy healing!

Marie said...

Yes, and just as well, as the cord was twice around her neck. But everything went well and safely. I will pass on your congrats.

Evil Pixie said...

Congratulations! That is fantastic news! I'm sure she's a bundle of cuteness. :)

Persephone said...

Fab! Is this a first niece for you?

Jane Henry said...

Congrats to Rebecca, and you, Marie! Lovely news for a Sunday morning.xxx

Marie said...

@Persephone - No, it's my fifth niece and I also have four nephews. Adding more doesn't seem to make me love any of the others less, it's amazing the capacity to love more and more people. And I have just spent the afternoon cuddling her - she is gorgeous!

Claire said...

Congratulations to all! And what a lovely name. Aunty-hood is wonderful.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Awh, so sute those hanging clothes! Love to all the family -- I too was a cord around the neck child so glad all went well with getting the new neice into the world